In July 2016, Delph Property Group acquired its first Manchester development site, purchasing the 15-storey apartment building located in the city centre just a short walk from Victoria Station.
Construction at The Hallmark began in January 2017 with Fortis developing the scheme on behalf of Delph Property Group, construction by Beaumont Morgan and designed by award-winning architects Broadway Malyan.
As we approach the two-year anniversary of our £25m acquisition in the capital of the Northern Powerhouse, we look at construction progress to date:
Q4 2017 milestones
- The crane was installed on site and the slab for basement floors -4 and -5 were put in place on over half the site, with both advancing in parallel as opposed to sequentially to maximise efficiency
- The foundations and substructure reach completion ahead of the Christmas break
Q1 2018 milestones
- Completion up to the second floor made quick progress and construction of the third floor began.
- The permanent marketing suite is opened to the public, displaying floorplans, touch screen 360-degree views of the development, internal and external space, fully-fitted kitchen and bathroom examples, and a state of the art Virtual Reality tour – apartment sales reach 40% of the total scheme
- The 6th floor has been concreted and construction of the 7th floor is underway, with the aim of topping out the whole building by the early Autumn
- The external bronze cladding is set to begin installation at the end of June
- The structure has now risen above most of the surrounding buildings, providing fantastic views across Manchester
- Latest drone footage is available to view
Once complete next summer, the 145 contemporary one, two and three bedroom apartments at The Hallmark will include residents-only access to a ground floor terrace with covered seating area, landscaped roof garden, spacious interior designed lobby and concierge facilities.
The development is moments from Victoria Station and a short walk from Manchester’s retail and leisure facilities.
Gareth Morgan, Director of Fortis stated,
Currently, the structural concrete frame of The Hallmark is progressing on programme, and I am excited to watch the development advance at an impressive rate.
We are pleased to have completed The Hallmark deal with Delph, which is our second joint venture, and we look forward to working with them again on future developments.
Paul Neto, Head of Construction at Delph Property Group said,
Overseeing the successful delivery of our properties and working with our development partners, I aim to ensure that the superior product Delph is known to produce is achieved in a timely and quality manner.
The Hallmark demonstrates our ability to work closely with developers who are building schemes to the highest standards. As ever, we are actively looking to work closely with developers to purchase similar investment opportunities across the UK.
CGI of The Hallmark’s facade when complete
If you’d like to get in touch about working with us in the future, contact our development team